Monday, April 23, 2007

Global Weirding - part eight

This is my contribution to Pixel Stained Technopeasant Wretch day. I'm going to spread it over a few sections because it is over 20,000 words long. There'll be a version available through Lulu as soon as possible, and a donate button at the bottom of each section if you like it and would like to support my work.

This was written for National Novel Writing Month. I didn't finish the 50,000 words called for, but this stands up well as a novella and part one of a longer story.

Global Weirding - Part Eight

We decided to collect the last of the pins. Going back to either my flat or Jana's Hall would be just as quick that way as any other.

We walked quietly along the Sunday streets, hand in hand. We'd only got together the day before and tomorrow everything would change and we wouldn't, hopefully, be tied to the sex magic that had brought us together. I missed that part of our relationship already, and I hoped Jana felt the same.

The last pin was on another piece of path. With two pins each it was easy for us to divine its location. We distributed them between pockets and the back pack, hoping that would keep them from setting up a resonance.

We went back to Jana's hall and picked up Pebbles. She packed an over night bag with him nestled safely amongst her stuff. "You could stay here tonight. Bring him along tomorrow." I suggested.

"Is that what you want me to do?"

"No, of course not. But with the pins all together we can't be sure what we'll end up doing if we spend the night together."

"I'll take the risk. 'If I've got to be damned you know I want to be damned dancing through the night with you.'"

"Shakespeare?"

"Lyrics."

"You too?"



There was a message on the living room floor when we got back. 'Sex magic not everything. Still help us when done?'

A mouse watched us from the bottom shelf of the bookcase. I was certain others looked on from their own vantage points. "Of course we'll help you. If only so you'll stop tearing up my mountain bike magazines."

Jana put her bag on the table and lifted Pebbles out. I picked Twiggy up, more gently than usual now that I was wary of charges of bush abuse, and put him on the table as well. We stepped back and waited for the fireworks.

Twiggy and Pebbles got on far better than I'd expected. My irascible shrub seemed to be calmed by the stoic little pile of stones. We left them on the table in the living room, probably watched by mice, and set to preparing a meal.

"Maybe we should try to not have sex." There are some sentences you never expect to come out with.

Jana stroked down my back. "Do you have the self control for that? Because I know I don't."

"No. I guess not. But maybe we should try not to go all the way."

"You want to cuddle?"

"I guess. But with no clothes on."

"You know where that leads."

"Yes. But let's try anyway."

She wrapped her arms around me from behind. "For you, darling, anything." She didn't want to stop the hug. "I think the gnome had a point. I don't just want to fuck you. I think I...."

A younger (by two days), dumber me would have fumbled for what to say at this point. But I was learning. And who could say that granddad's advice had anything to do with sex magic or any of the other strangeness at all? I took her arm and kissed the inside of her wrist. "Yeah, me too." I turned round to hug her back and kissed her forehead. Then I kissed her nose, cheeks, lips, chin and then back again. She responded in kind. It was all we could do to keep from going at it right there in the kitchen.

"Make me dinner. Quickly. I'm sure you shouldn't do strenuous exercise on a full stomach, that should slow us down."

"Go and talk to the rock and the twig then, or you'll just distract me."

I knocked together a stir fry, about all my concentration would allow. We ate it on the table, watched by Twiggy, Pebbles and probably a mouse or two. When I cleared the plates away Jana collected all five pins and laid them on the table. "Oh bugger. Those things." Twiggy muttered, "It's good ye've pulled them up, but their bad work's already done I'll bet."

The pins began to move. Just a little, so we could sense the movement rather than really see it, like catching it at the edge of our vision. They scraped across the table, leaving trails in the varnish. "There goes another bit of my deposit." I sighed.

The tips of the pins touched and then they spread themselves to form a five pointed star. "Their natural alignment, I guess." Jana observed. I pushed one and, after a moment, it slid back into position. Jana tried the same with a different one. When it was back in position she lifted it and moved it slowly across the table. The others followed.

The four of us, and no doubt some mice, watched the star in its new position for a few minutes. It didn't do anything. "Aligns. Then reacts." Pebbles said eventually.

"Yeah. I guess that's what it does." I stood and gently massaged Jana's shoulders. The little "Ooo." that she made was a surprise. "That's good. I hadn't realised how stiff I was."

"I can try to massage that out."

"Oh yes. Please."

"Go to the bedroom and get undressed. I'll see if I can rustle up some massage oil."

"So much for the self control."

"Keep your knickers on and we'll see about the self control."

I had some massage oil in the bathroom, hiding behind everything else on the toiletries trolley. A memento from a previous relationship, but I tried not to think about that. It was still within its use by. I ran some hot water in the sink and dunked the bottle into it. "Are you ready yet?"

"I'm lying here waiting for you."

"Just close your eyes and think happy thoughts. I'll be with you in a couple of minutes. Got to warm the oil."

"Hurry up." That last came out as a squeak. I decided that the oil would warm just as well in my hands, dried the bottle and headed through.

Jana was lying on her stomach on the bed, wearing nothing but her knickers. There's something about those moments when nothing is on show that's more alluring than being able to see everything. It's the mystery, I guess. I'd only explored this pale, gorgeous land a few times and then I'd gone straight for the treasure. This time I was going to search for those other special spots.

I started stripping. "What are you doing?"

"Well, I don't want to get the oil on my clothes, do I?"

"Any excuse."

I left my boxers on, but with the front tented out so there was hardly anything mysterious about my state. I climbed onto the bed and straddled Jana's legs. After warming the oil in my hands I leaned forward and started working on her shoulders. The muscles were quite tight. I don't know when she'd stiffened up so, but I resolved to release the tension.

As I moved my hands over alternate shoulders I found that my erection had slotted neatly between her buttocks. I'm sure her appreciative noises were down to the kneading and unknotting but I was ready to let out the occasional whimper from cotton restricted contact. It took a while to register that some of the sensations were due to her moving her behind up and down. I think I went cross eyed for a moment.
I leaned back and splashed out more oil. I pushed my thumbs up her spine from the waist band of her knickers to just above where her ribcage began. Then I worked my way back down again, firmly pushing away from her spine with the palm of my hand stretching the skin and pushing at muscles. She made appreciative noises.

I skipped over her knickers and started running both hands down her left leg. I stroked the back of her knee and was surprised by the reaction. She went taut and made an "Aaaa" sound, muffled by the pillow her head was buried in. Her rear was raised in the air, invitingly firm and round. I resisted it and worked my way down to her foot. I was teasing her, I knew, but I could tell she appreciated it. I moved to the other leg, starting at the foot and working my way up. This time I kissed the back of her knee and ran a hand up the inside of her thigh, stopping just short of the material.

Jana thrust a hand back, passing a condom to me. "Don't even pretend you're going to resist." Her derriere was moving back and forth and side to side, practically in my face. I reached up and pulled the red knickers down. "Hurry up." I pushed my boxers down, rolled the sheath on and positioned myself behind her. "I'm so close." I slid in easily, she was so excited. Good to her word she came almost immediately with her quiet orgasmic moan. I pulled out, ready to thrust again.

There was a loud crack and crash from the living room. I didn't want to stop, but I really had to. Jana had twisted around to look in the direction of the noise and all but thrown me out. "What was that?"

We went through to find the cause of the noise. On the table Twiggy and Pebbles were struggling up from where they had been thrown. The five pins were standing upright on their heads, ghostly lines like the after image of sparklers linking their tips and forming a lattice that joined in the centre of the pentagon. "Are you two okay?" asked Jana.

"Yes. Well enough." said Twiggy, "Let me guess. You were having sex?"

"Yes." I admitted.

"Good sex?"

"Oh yes." Jana replied enthusiastically.

"Have more." said Pebbles.

"Sorry?"

"Have more good sex." Twiggy suggested. "You're powering up the pins. You can use that power to your advantage later."

Jana slapped my arm, "And there you thought celibacy was the best option."

"Okay, I was wrong. Bagsy more doggy style."

She pulled me to her and kissed me hard. "You're on."



When I woke up I had Jana's hair in my mouth. It tasted of salt and a lot of sex. I kissed the back of her head and cuddled her closer. I swear she purred. "Tea?"

"Tea."

Cradling warm cups , we sat side by side with the sheets pulled up to our waists. It was the most demure we'd been in hours. "I'll have to phone my boss, tell her I won't be in today."

"Shit! I'll be missing lectures. I'll see if Alison can get me notes. What are you going to say?"

"I'll say I've been in bed most of the weekend."

"It wasn't all in bed."

"No, but I don't think I'm allowed to take shag days."

We finished the tea. Jana kissed my shoulder. "Thank you."

"For the tea?"

"I lost count. Of the number of times I came. Thank you for all those orgasms."

"It's not like it was a chore. I loved every minute of it."

"What if it's all down to the magic? What if, after the magic stops, I'm all dried up and you're," she waved her hand vaguely over my groin, "floppy or something."

"We won't be."

"You're certain?"

"Well, no."

"So why risk this stopping?"

"Because someone set this up to tap the power and use it, probably for something selfish. If we become so addicted to the sex that we do nothing about the root cause we're no better than them."

Jana hugged me. "I'm addicted to you." Which had to be one of the sweetest, if cheesy, things anyone had ever said to me. I found myself welling up. I kissed the top of her head.

"Come on. Let's get up and on with business before we get distracted."

"You already are distracted." Jana giggled.

"Er, yes. More distracted, then."

I felt like I should be pulling on some sort of fighting rig, bandoliers of bromide across my chest and a cold water dispenser on my waist. Instead I just put on my usual boots, cargo pants and T-shirt. I wanted to look bad ass, but came across as what I was, a geek who could at least dress himself.

The pins looked shinier than before. The inlaid symbols seemed to glitter. They weren't tied to each other any more either, one could be separated from the bunch without the rest following it. We put them in different pockets anyway, just in case. Pebbles and Twiggy had each found a pin that resonated with them, so they held those when we put them into a bag each. Jana and I had one each in a trouser pocket and the fifth went on a length of string and hung around her neck. I suggested this because I just knew what it was going to do to her nipples. I hadn't factored in what the pins in our pockets were going to do, though, and it was a bit uncomfortable walking at first until we entrusted them to Pebbles and Twiggy.

The hole was still in the fence and the puddle hadn't shrunk. But the little shed had gone. "That can't be good." Jana stood where it had been and looked around.

I released Twiggy and wandered to the edge of the muddy puddle. "I've found a fishing rod." I held up the stick with string attached to it.

"So this wasn't something we imagined. Where are they?"

"We're here lass. No need to worry yourself." The gnome had materialised at the edge of the clearing. The soldier and tin man appeared from other edges. "We cleared that space 'cause we'll need it later. Hello lads."

Pebbles and Twiggy had climbed out of their bags and ambled over to meet their brethren. They exchanged masonic looking handshakes and started handing around pins. Jana slipped the last pin from its string and held it in front of the tin man, the last one without a marker.

"Lots of power." the gnome commented. "You've been making the two backed beast then?"

"A lot." Jana blushed to admit it.

"It's the best way to store up energy that I've ever found." I added.

"Good. Good."

"What do we do now?"

"Ye have to go to the centre. Find the focus and defuse it. We will stay here, channel this power and use it to help you."

"He makes it sound so simple." Jana sighed. "What can we expect?"

"Demons, six headed dogs, mythical beasts. That sort of thing."

"You'd best be joking."

"Nay lass. But ye two have stolen a lot of the energy. They'll be small and you'll be tough."

"Well. I feel confident. Where are we going?"

I dug out the AtoZ that we'd marked up and flicked through a few pages until I found the relevant one. "Not there...... There."

"Okay. Is there a famous building there then?"

"Not that I know of."

"You'd think there'd be something distinctive there, if it's the centre of this magical arrangement."

"It does not have to be so spectacular now. Or ever. It could have been important at some point in its history."

"So we look for a blue plaque." I suggested.

"If it is tagged that way, yes. Now, we must set up." They took their pins, formed a small pentagon and pushed them into the ground. Then the little figures bowed to each other and sat. The low hum may have come from them or the pins, which were sparkling. Pale lines joined the pins and formed the outline of the pentagon. "Now go." the gnome told us, "We will focus power on the centre when ye get there."

We turned to go, but Jana had a thought. She knelt beside Pebbles and kissed him on the head. "Goodbye." The little figure looked up at her. Its expression was the nearest any stone has ever come to sadness.

I couldn't bring myself to be so affectionate with Twiggy. I patted the top of his leafy afro. "Are you going to take root here?"

"Nay lad. I'll get dug up when they redevelop."

"I'll come and get you and transplant you."

"That's awful decent of ye."

I took Jana's hand, "Now we should go."

There were tears on Jana's cheeks when we'd slipped back through the fence. I didn't want to see her so upset. I wiped the tears away and kissed her forehead. "It's what they want."

"I know. But it's still upsetting. And I'm scared of what happens next."

"We're going to kick arse."

"We are?"

"After everything we did last night, those pins will probably go nuclear."

She stroked my chest and smiled. "That position where you had your legs outside mine was nice. And I loved everything you did with your fingers. Even...." She went adorably red.

"Yeah. That was good." We kissed. "Let's go get a bus. We don't want to keep the boys waiting."

Part One
Part Two
Part Three
Part Four
Part Five
Part Six
Part Seven
Part Eight
Part Nine

Donate Now I've started writing again I'm unlikely to stop, but it would be nice if I could eat during my breaks. So please feel free to donate some money to my starving author fund by clicking on the PayPal button below.


Technorati tag: , , ,

No comments:

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs